Friday, December 17, 2010

iPhone: Lost then Found (or How I Fell More Deeply in Love with Wahoos)

Is there any worse feeling that reaching for your cell phone and realizing it's not there?  Okay, there are a lot worse feelings, but this one is up there.  I took a long walk today over lunch down to Wahoos (a hawaiian/mexican fusion place).  Sat down, ate my lunch while checking my phone and reading the LA Weekly rag.  I left quickly, and my mind must have been on the walk (it was starting to rain and I only had a sweatshirt on).  An hour later, I'm in my office reaching for my phone, and it's not there.  I called the number to see if it would ring - hoping it was in my office somewhere.  No luck.  I considered using the iPhone locator, but I knew exactly where I had left it.  Called up the number and, bam, Wahoos had it.  I quickly returned (driving this time) and picked it up, tipping the employee jar $20 and thanking them profusely.

If I was going to leave my phone anyplace, Wahoos was the place to do it.  The employees there are johnny on the spot.  Always friendly, always courteous - and just on top of things.  I've noticed this before, and was even thinking about it today when I went there for lunch.  I honestly wasn't that worried, because I've seen how quickly the employees bus the tables there, and I knew that one of them had most likely picked up the phone before anyone else had the opportunity.   So thank you, Wahoos - whatever you're putting in the employee drinking fountain over there is definitely working.

Pictured below is another random person distressed with the loss of their cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment